Monday, 15 May 2017

REVIEW OF QUARTER LIFE CRISIS

34766735

Author Anshuk Attri
No of pages 310
Published by  Maple Press
Published on April 2017
Genre : Romance  Fiction Contemporary.
Book links Goodreads     Flipkart  Amazon
Authors link  Goodreads 

Blurb of the book


I am Prachur, a twenty-three year old guy from Shimla, and I want to tell you my story. I don’t claim that my life is particularly worth reading, especially the first twentyone years. But things did become interesting by the time I came to finish my degree in engineering. At the time I was like every other guy of my age — pretentious and clueless about my future. I loathed the very idea of a mundane job. I felt that my lack of clarity about my future was my biggest problem. Imagine what I felt when I found out that Neera, my girlfriend, was pregnant! Quarter life Crisis is the story of my coming of age and my quest for happiness.


About the Author 


Anshuk is a twenty-six year old aspiring author with a postgraduate degree in Aerospace Engineering from the Technical University of Catalonia, Spain. Inspired by the works of Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, George Eliot, George Orwell and Seneca, he hopes to find his place in the world of literature as a professional writer.


General

The book deals with social issues and the family drama it portrays has got a  powerful message.It deals with the  Social stigma arising out of peculiar situations  in our life.

The title is apt and it revolves around  the life of  youngsters at the age  of 21- 25  It touches the transition period  when both girls and boys want to settle in their life. 

The Plot

The protagonist Prachur is studying in a college where his girl friend Neera also studies. The story happens in Simla. When the story starts he and his friends make their life simple and happy by their fun filled activities.They indulge in all sort of vices and once the warden has caught them in an inebriated status. He finds them going  to the first year students' hostel and find them guilty of ragging .

Our hero is not studious but  carefree and always fun loving . Neera is his childhood friend . They are thick buddies from the beginning. Their friendliness  has developed into a love affair. Everyone knows it. Due to their age and youthfulness they are not afraid of anything and they lead their life in its own strides.

In the meantime Neera gets conceived  . She is carrying his child  .Now they meet such a dramatic social situation they have to face the wrath of their parents. Neera is so particular about having the child when Prachur and others suggest for abortion. 

At this juncture what is the decision they take ?How it affects their life afterwards? What is the reaction of Neera's parents? What happens to the unborn child ?You have to read the book to get the answers

The Pro

It is highly appreciative on the part of the Author Anshuk Attri for having dealt with the social . problems faced by the present younger generation .Due to mingling of both boys and girls so many issues like sex out of wedlock ,license for Parenthood crop up . Unless or otherwise they act responsibly they have to meet inevitable and awkward situations as the hero of the novel faces in his life. He makes us to debate about sex education and the institution of marriage. He has handled the subject in a prudent manner . He knows the pulse of the present younger generation. 


I like the way the story goes on  as though it is happening by  our next door within our neighborhood  The thrill  and tension it creates ,I could feel . It is heart rendering to see the emotions and sentiments in their true colour. It is fit to be a film's script.


There are minimum characters and all are realistic. Both Prachur and Neera are ambitious . Neere wants to be an IAS officer and Prachur wants to become a great author. Prachur's sister Illena is an intelligent girl with a lot of maturity and wisdom.

There is a main plot connected with many a subplot  believable and unpredictable.
Both concept and its execution are good.

My verdict


Anshuk has well written , with due entertainment and fast paced narration.It makes  it an excellent and captivating read for all contemporary  fiction lovers .His fascination for social drama reflects in the whole book  in the form of many sad and happy events in the life of MCs.


Readers would find the book engrossing as the fast paced storyline  takes you to the realm of youngsters . You can buy the book to enjoy a light read on a  good message and recommend it to your friends also .It is an eye-opener for both youngsters and elders as it touches our  social fabric in a nice way.
The cover design is superb


My score 5/5


Disclaimer: I have received the book from the author in exchange of  honest and unbiased review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

E-waste is a scourge of our life #CleanUpCashOut

Our journey with computer begins During 90’s only we come to know about mobile and laptop . At that time   in my office there was ...