Sunday, 8 January 2017

LOVE YOUR JOB

Work is its own reward


LOVE YOUR JOB க்கான பட முடிவு

During  the period of 80’s  after graduation with a first class degree I started to search for a  reasonable and respectable job . It seemed a Herculean task to find a suitable job even though I left no stone unturned and in course of time  I became a naysayer . Fortunately I landed in a job with the help of my dearest buddy. I got appointment  as  a sales Representative in a partnership firm selling Engineering and electrical goods. I had less and less desk work and more and more external job. I used to carry a specimen kit of Electric shock guard and  I went to various companies and organizations for canvassing orders for the same. This I had to execute by means of a demo to all and tell about the salient features of the same.

First impression should be the best one.

Since It was my first job I took it  seriously and worked hard to prove myself.I had to report to my boss now and then about the progress and constraint.  Due to my dedication to the  job and my knowledge about drafting letters etc  always I was in his good books . He got a soft corner for me and whatever request I put in he agreed sans questioning. Including me there were fifty employees.I got an edge over others by virtue of my qualification as all others were either metric passed or failed. As they were well experienced and learned a lot  they handled their job as a versatile artist and well versed in their field like accounts etc.
Attitude alters  altitude.

Apart from my  meager  salary as I was compensated by means of perks in the form of incentive and beta.I used to put in my best efforts to finish my job in time with a proactive manner with  a result oriented approach   Since I was treated as a family member by all in the office , it became my next home .

Compliment  in public but correct  in private.

. When I took an electrical item to a firm and opened I found it broken into pieces.I thought of resigning my job as I was negligent and not so serious about my job. My boss advised me not to quit and be careful hereafter.

Give respect and  get respect.

I developed the habit of respecting others wholeheartedly . I did not give room to  my ego to interfere in this matter  If you treat people well, you will be treated well by them . Whenever there was a function in our boss house all irrespective of cadre or status we were invited to attend the same  We had got  a strong  sense of belonging to the concern as well as with each other and the atmosphere as well as the environment would be always happy and joyful.

Lessons I have imbibed  from my first job.

No pain No gain.
It holds good for our success and peace of mind.
Work is fun and fun only. We have to develop the correct attitude to take work as a fun and play.Team spirit is the secret of success of any organization.Working together we can gather many laurels .

5 comments:

  1. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you possess a degree of expertise on this subject, I would like to hear much more from you on this subject matter – I have bookmarked this page and will return soon to hear additional about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your compliments.Your encouraging words work as tonic for me.

      Delete
  3. Job brings joy when performed with love

    ReplyDelete

Review of From Yesterday

No of pages :226 Published by : Frog books Editor: Layzel F Printed at Repro Printed on 2016 Genre: Youth Fiction Contemporary ...